The Business Management subject is a computer-based course which allows students to learn the inner workings of a business and the fundamental factors that keep businesses running.
Information about the courses offered in this subject, through 1st to 6th year.
A gallery of student's projects, foliowork and achievements from their experience in this course.
Helpful information and links that teachers have provided for this course.
Business is at the heart of national growth and development. At Beeslack we aim not only to develop pupils' insight into the business world in which they live, but also to equip them with the skills to give them a stake in the workplace. This involves developing a spirit of enterprise, challenging the pupils to think, develop and communicate their ideas effectively and put them into practice.
- Ms Roberts (Principal Teacher)
- Mrs Macfarlane (Principal Teacher Teaching & Learning Monitoring Progress)
In Business Education we try to:
- provide a practical, learning environment where each pupil is encouraged to fulfil his/her potential
- inspire enthusiasm about the world of business
- develop decision-making skills
- develop problem-solving skills
- provide examples from the real world
- improve pupil’s communication and presentation skills
- develop practical figure-work that is relevant to business
- show pupils the importance of IT both in education and in the workplace
- promote an interest in current events
- foster the understanding of new business concepts
- instil the need to effectively manage finances