- Pupils received in registration during week commecing 6th Febraury a leaflet about 'Keeping Safe on the Internet'. There was also themed Internet Safety Day lessons in S3 Computing and S1 & S2 ICT.
- S2 reports were issued to parents on Tuesday 7th February.
- The was an S2 Parents’ Information Evening in school on Wednesday 8th February at 7.00pm.
- To view the school's December 2011 newsletter please click here.
- The final amount raised from the December 23rd Dress Down Day for the Cyrenians was £640.83. Well done to everybody.
- The final amount raised from the 2011 annual sponsored walk was £10,369.30.
- The S5 & S6 Interim Reports were be issued to parents on Thursday 1st December 2011.
- Well done to everyone who wore 'red, white and blue' on the dress down day for the Armed Forces Ten for Ten campaign. £821.67 was raised.
- Thanks to all who participated in the 2011 annual sponsored walk. So far almost £9900 has been raised.
- "SQA Star Awards 2011". At the ceremony at Anniesland College on Friday 4th November, Carla Grant was named as “School Candidate of the Year”. Carla was nominated for her work with Beeslack’s Army children whilst their Fathers were serving In Helmand; Carla’s own Father and two brothers were also over there. She befriended the youngsters and supported them through those unsettling times. Carla also gave of her time to support S1 and S2 pupils in ICT and other classes. Despite this, Carla maintained her own progress and is now studying Cognitive Science at Edinburgh University and thoroughly enjoying all aspects of student life.
At the same ceremony, Tom Hardie (recently retired Principal Teacher of PE) was named “Appointee of the Year” for his amazing contribution to the work of SQA. Despite retirement from teaching, Tom is still continuing his work with the SQA.
Beeslack congratulates both of our STARS.
- There were over 200 entries for the 2014 Commonwealth Games, Design a Tartan competition. The winning entry submitted was by Cameron Douglas, 2nd was Ashleigh Townsley and 3rd was Eva Halliday. To view the winning entries and other top entries click here. Well done to everyone who entrered.
- Learning Teaching Scotland visited Beeslack to study the school's approach to raising literacy across all curricular areas. To see their findings and view the videos with pupils and staff click here.
- Course Choices 2011; Information on the options available for S2 and S4/S5 pupils are available via the website.
A document for S2 parents and pupils called "Making Choices" can be viewed by clicking here
While the S4/S5 choices handbook can be viewed by clicking here
Choice forms for S2 and S4/S5 are available to be downloaded.
For S2 click here and for S4/S5 click here.
A number of departments have further details on the courses they offer. Visit the department pages for further information.
- Newsletter Number 3 (April 2011) can be downloaded here.
- A Fairtrade Fortnight awareness shop was held and over 200 pupils and staff purchased fairtrade goods, from chocolate to hand made crafts.
- A big 'Thank You' to all pupils & staff who supported the Amnesty International Greeting Card Campaign. £220 was raised and 121 cards were written to the selected case studies.
- Congratulations to the Beeslack team who reached the final of the Scottish heat in the FIRST Lego League Competition held at Edinburgh University. To view photos of the event click here. To view their presentation for the competition click here.
- The Cabinet Secretary for Education, Michael Russell, visited the school to see examples of good practice in supporting Curriculum for Excellence. While at the school he recorded his Christmas message. To view this message click here while to read a newspaper report on the visit click here.
- Well done to everybody for their contributions during the the 2010 Sponsored Walk and Treasure Hunt. The total money collected so far is £11,005.26.- Well done to everybody from S6, S5 and the staff who were involved with the Army Assault Course challenge. £423 was raised and £200 of this is going to the 'Help the Heroes' charity.
See pictures from the event here.
- Beeslack held a successful Open Evening on Thursday 28th October 2010 which resulted in over 300 families attending. To view photographs of the evening click here.
- Beeslack pupils have again produced outstanding results in the 2010 SQA exam diet. One S6 achieved 4 Advanced Higher passes at grade A; Four S5 pupils achieved 5 grade A Highers and 24 S4 pupils achieved 8 Standard Grade/Intermediate 2 at grade 1/A
- The HM Inspectorate of Eduction report on their recent inspection of Beeslack Community High School.
Their evaluations of how well the school is doing were;
Improvements in performance - Very good
Learners' experience - Very good
Meeting learning needs - Very good
Their evaluations on the work of the school were;
The curriculum - Good
Improvement through self-evaluation - Very good
To read the fully published report click here.
- Beeslack are part of the International Inspirations team focussing on the re-introduction of P.E. into the curriculum in South Africa and we have been 'twinned' with Selelekela High School in Soweto. To view photographs of the school and Soweto click here.